Friday, January 23, 2009

Sea Lions



When I arrived at the center I got to hang out with this crazy crew of
sea lions. They are at the center building up the strength to to back
to the wild.

They were stranded because they were sick or caught in debris floating
in the ocean. One little guy is eve missing his rear flippers! This
could be from a shark attack as they often attack seals from behind.
This group of pinnipeds will be released in about a month.

I was greeted by Kelly, one of the 4 staff members at the center. I
gave her the bottles of pedialyte I had purchased for the recovering
pinnipeds. Pedialyte is used to make fish smoothies for dehydrated and
underweight pinnipeds. She was really grateful for the donation and
she took me behind the scenes to see the intensive care unit where the
pups who need the most fish smoothies are taken care of. It was
amazing! I got to see who was going to drink the smoothies that I
provided. Hopefully, I made a difference in those pups lives today.

1 comment:

  1. AWWW I AM GOING TO CRY!!! i don't think i could handle seeing something like this seeing as how i cry at dog food commercials, but i am really really grateful to you for doing a service like this to these animals. i can't wait to see pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete